Wordification

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Today's run along the usual route: 11:24. Not the best... hamstrings a little tight from training in the afternoon, but managed to pick up pace after the slope.


Met two ex secondary school mates today, Aki and Wenbin. They seemed quite dumbfounded as to my current... size. Come to think of it, 50 kg to 75kg from secondary school to now is like a... 50% increase in mass?

Its nice to be able to talk to them so freely now, unlike back in school when we were on opposite sides of the "law". I suppose heading the prefectorial board gives you a sense of responsibility and purpose, but it really ruins your ties with the fun-loving student body. It didn't have to be a barrier, but I suppose I wasn't mature enough to not let it affect myself from associating with them. I wish I let myself have more fun, like in poly.

Always had to be the good guy, doing the right thing, at the right time. I remember sleeping early to wake up early to go to school to make sure that the prefectorial duty roster is in order and the flags were in place. Come to think of it, I really had no life back then! Hahaha.

The only thing I remember doing for fun back then was sneaking out with Judy in-between classes, free periods or after school into the auditorium to play the piano, or getting the key from the principal to go into the chapel to play the piano. Afternoons, go to town, but not to hang out or shop, but for tuition. Evenings, if there's a tournament coming up, go for training to kick and scream, then return to peaceful self at home. And any time none of this is happening, I'm at home, playing computer or ps.

I suppose thats why I can take on the form of the perfect robot at times.

But being perfect is goddamned boring. Following what everyone tells you is the right path is goddamned boring. Believing what everyone tells you to believe is goddamned boring.

Maybe thats why I picked the path that I did after that.

I pity those who mindlessly follow society's norms and conventions.

Perhaps its not their fault? Because they think that that's the only way to live life.

You will never know what's possible until you dare to think outside of the box.

A man is great because of his dream, right? Hong?

No comments: