Wordification

Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Just realized that I have semi-contradictory goals... won't go into that over here, though.

Yesterday's canoeing training went okay. Ran 6 rounds with juniors, extremely slow, 2:40 per big round, then did another 2 seniors only, lagged out a little during the first round, then sprinted the last 100 and overtook limpo, phong and joshua. Dunno why I am so ham for long distance... grrr!

Then did 4X 100 metre sprints. All out for first round, then all out again with Cid, then a little slower, overtaking the other two, then all out, finished first. I'm such a retard... keep telling each other to "go slow", "relax", "as long as you push yourself", but instead of waiting for them, I find myself ahead and near the finish line already. Statics was very manageable, 3X 20 pushups, did diamonds all the way, 3X 40 situps. Samantha also doing very little right now to not scare the juniors away.

Then came weights. *sigh* so concerned about self. Asked naresh if I could go to the room and do my own shoulder wts because had db training the next day. Naresh was ok with it, but later Samantha didn't take it too well, because we were supposed to advocate the new guys with the weights. On retrospect, I was too concerned about improving as fast as possible and not disrupting my original weights plan, that I forgot that I was training with a team. The seniors meeting cleared up alot of stuff. I'm glad that everyone can joke and take things humbly. This team has come a long way together, indeed.

No comments: