Wordification

Sunday, September 07, 2003

Sea training was... excellent, but very crappy.


Did 10k for canoeing training, then another 8k in the dragonboat. Damn sun was out in full blast. Stupid, stupid sun.

Laps in the t1 were horrid. First, Samantha put me in a low, small seat, so my bum and legs crammed. Damn cramp, its like bending forward for your sit and reach... ok, now go furthur down, that's it, row like that. Feel damned demoralized for not being able to row with the pain. I kept telling myself to find the quiet place, but I couldn't even feel my legs and how much I was kicking. Then I thought "Reu, your legs and bloody cramped, if you capsize now, how are you going to swim and kick?". Managed to keep up with the guys for a couple of laps, but it just really sucked lah. Was so pissed off and myself. I need to become stronger, so strong to be able to row while having the cramp of my life.
Later swapped boats with Naresh. Then had to recalibrate balancing for the high seat. I just wanna go in high seat forever, low seats throw me off for the normal high seats and cramp my ass. Samantha was like "You wanna swap boats, make sure I don't see you cap ah!" because the higher seats are harder to balance. More pressure.

Naresh is really nice, he pointed out a lot of stuff about my stroke and pull, and catch, and stuff, and I was like 'hey... you're right!" Haha, must row with him more next time.

I hate being fussy about stupid stuff like seats and boats and cramps... feel like a retarded gu-niang. I hate capsizing and needing rescueing too. Capped about 3 times with the low seat, then once with the high seat on the way back. I watched as everyone paddled away without seeing me and I had to call out a few times. Finally Loy heard and turned around with Yongqiang, then hahaha Loy capped too!

Damn hilarious, Loy's capped about as many times as me, hahaha, best part is he capped while coming to rescue me. Didn't feel so bad about capping after that.

Was in a really bad mood later in the dragonboat, too. Coach Ben made me go secondary left side, cuz there were too many right rowers that day. Got even more fraustrated when I couldn't feel my usual powerful pull of my right side. Had to keep adjusting stroke to feel catch. Then got even more pissed when I realized that this DRAGONBOAT, with 19 rowers, was going SLOWER than my T1 with _1_ rower. Disgusting. Later Ben mixed guys and girls and put me to be front rower with Jeremy. I was like... whoa. I'm usually power rower at the centre to back, dunno why Ben wanted me to set the pace. Well, had fun at the front on the right side. That cheered me up a little, the boat was flying.

Shoulders and treps... hurt. Hahah, damn solid training. I figured, the canoeists are shacked after their laps, and the dragonboaters are shacked after their laps. And I managed to pull hard throughout the whole day. Power. 18km. If this keeps up, I'll be damn powerful.


Too much weights, not enough technique training... back to air paddling drills everyday.

No comments: