Wordification

Sunday, October 26, 2003

Friday:

Holiday! Ahuahaua.

Went to get a haircut, then headed down to the street basketball courts.

The old gang is still around :)

Funny how some things never change... Most of the guys grew taller, got bigger, but everything still feels indifferent. But one thing's different now - ahahaha I haven't been playing ball often. Not like last time, when we'd see each other every day at the courts.

Nah, dragonboat and canoeing for me now, although most of these guys got into the school teams easily. Some quit because they didn't like to follow training procedures. Haha. Rebellious, so much so that they didn't want the fun of the game to be sapped away by siong training.

Oh, the main difference is that the street court gangs merged.

Well, once upon a time, there were two street basketball courts in Bishan. Each had a gang which frequented it. They would engage each other in friendly games, but the rivalry between these two gangs remained on for what seemed to be forever.

But one day, Bishan CC decided to renovate their whole premises, and the basketball court too. So the gang from the CC went over to the old court everyday.

These two groups then got more familiar with each other, and accepted each other. Then, when the new court behind Bishan CC was completed, everyone moved over there.

The end.

Its quite fascinating in a way, everyone from different schools, different age groups and walks of life, meeting regularly just to hang out and play ball. If a senior or older member of the gang walks across the court of happens to walk by, everyone would respectfully call out his name, even right in the middle of a match.

Strong bonds formed, strong friendships, the perfect team. This is probably what we lack, the love of the game. Then again, who in the hell would like dragonboat?

The only thing I disagree with the gang is their smoking. Even the youngest of the group smokes, sec 1-2. Well, nothing's perfect.


Played a match with the guys. Scored one incredible starting shot, then my team got trashed haha, opposing team was older, and more experienced, I guess we were seriously out-classed. Screwed up a few attacks myself, wtf?

Got CAPCOM VS SNK 2 at last... got my ass beaten by god rugal for half an hour and 9999 continues until I managed to find that damned opening in the AI. Basic over-offensive opening. Attack triggers flooding the AI processor nutil he forgets to block right when he gets up. Muhahahaha, I am the one!












Saturday:

Stupid project....

Then called Brian and found out there was no cell, and they didn't wanna play ball. Haiz, so what to do, went over to the gym and met some of team for extra-training. Mostly girls but I psychoed everyone to go and play ball with me there. Better play with girls then nothing.

Played 2 matches, then the girls wanted to play horse. wtf?

So melvin and I went along loh. Melvin kept screwing up everything for some reason, but I completely trashed the poor girl whos turn was after me.

But they managed to nail me once, so I got a H the second time through. Why do they do such things? I mean, you just DON'T shoot a ball at baseline and left one leg up as you jump off the ground and throw both arms out. Looks like one of chunli's victory poses.

Went home to play more gunbound.... Zzzzzzzzzzz











Sunday:

Rowing was ok... not used to this paddle and boat in comparison to last week, so balance very cocked up in the beginning. Then halfway I ran up to the toilet at the breakwater due to stomache ache. And lo and behold... no toilet roll.

Disastrous...


So I headed back out to the T1, looked at SDBA. 500 metres away... but I could use the toilet there... but stomache ache tooo baddddd already!

Finally I summoned up the courage, and told myself this will be the fastest 500 metres that I have rowed in my entire life.

And it was so.

The waters parted behind my boat, the side splash threw itself up in fear as my paddle sliced and pulled inside the water! And I was there.




Rowing was much better after that, although felt a little under the weather... hrm... oh and I have another hold in my finger from I dunno what.


No comments: