Wordification

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Today damned slack in the com lab. FYPJ over so can work on anything now ahuahauhua!

Helped Dre with her project music, then worked on bot model for a while... went to play basketball, work on bot model for a while, took a nap, work on bot model for a while.

Damn productive...

Training after that was ok...

Was supposed to be "light" training, because the race is this weekend liao. Heh.

Did 6 rounds warmup, then circuit. Run like madmen, pushup sitump burpees. Getting used to wide angle pushups, whereby your arms are perpendicular to your body, instead of parallel, which is easier to start out with... but right now wide angle seems easier.

Panting like sheet... then did weights, ears blocked liao. Sign of exertion, which is good I guess. Then pool rowing. Still getting used to the left side. Apparantly I have to row left side for the race, because we've got too many right and too few left and I balance it out perfectly if one right side goes over. And so Ben put me on the left side... saying "you're the only one who can row both sides." That means row decently, at least. But its weird relearning everything again for your left side.

Asked him how my stroke was during rowing today and all got a pause, then "Not as good as your right side." Wtf... of course lah, that's my primary side. But then I remembered how exaggerated the twisting and drop is on my right side and did that for the left and hmm.... that works better.

I guess thats the thing about Ben. He won't tell you what he's feeling or what he thinks... he'll phrase things in a way so that you hear what you need to hear to achieve his desired effect.

Jonny got "reprimanded" by ben about attendance and stuff... I think Ben just said what needed to be said for a suitable course of action to take place... but I'm afraid Jonny might take it the wrong way. I guess its good if he gets pressured, interesting opportunity to learn, and at the same time, its good to see the coach care enough to give such a talk... but I actually went to imagine what it would be like to have no mens team next semester.

Maybe those who really want to continue will stay on, we'll pay for the rent for the dragonboats, and then those who really enjoy the sport and have a reason to fight for it will go on. But then we'll probably lose more numbers anyway. Argh what a pain in the ass team sports can be sometimes.

Poly forum is this wednesday.

Dress attire for most of the agenda is "jeans and polo T". Like... I have no jeans... only cargo pants or berms. I guess nows a good time to buy anyway. Maybe a normal pair, not anything too stuffy like bell-bottoms or what... that can look damn gh4y.

12:42am.... time to Z

No comments: