Wordification

Sunday, December 14, 2003

Had an awesome day in the water yesterday.

Got to use one of the red twins, which are my favourite racing Ts, because the black tamil tigers are so damned heavy... and the 218 brasca.

Sensei coached our strokes some more and I finally got the right angle during pull it seems. Still need to check entry depth though. Could feel the surge from every pull now... awesome :D

Samantha and joyce were in the K2. I think samantha was really crazy yesterday, laughing and giggling in the boat. She really loves this sport. Even yelled out to me to "Catch is if you can!", and I eventually did ahuahua. Then we were going to pace and I think they aet my backwash and capsized. It was damned hilarious... 2 girls screaming as they rotated slowly in the boat into the water.

Tried the K2 with yongqiang. Not bad for our first attempt... we managed to cover some 40 metres before we capsized. Mainly due to his good balance. Then we capsized and had to swim so long back to shore... and after we bailed... I felt something stick to my leg.

At first I thought it was a leaf... then I looked down and saw the shape and OMG IT WAS A DAMNED LIVING THING!? And yeah, kicked and screamed and lost my right shoe in the water. Had to fish my shoe back with absolutely no visibility in the water while hoping I didn't fish that damned sucker fish instead.

Then I mightly swung my paddle and created torrential currents to scare the suckerfish away... but it just kept going back and stuck upside down at the bottom of the k2. So we very swiftly towed the boat back to Sensei and He identified it to be a doctor fish. Not poisonous, not blood-sucking... but its damn annoying.

Tried the K1 after that... managed 2 strokes on my first attempt... its hard to balance that thing...

Went and paced with the ACJC team for a set. They've got one pretty fast rower... their more toned rowers are slower than the bulkier or heavier rowers. Kinda the same for hwa chong. Then why is it those damned skinny indians on our team are so fast.... nevermind... I have to beat them all.

Went to suntec to eat lunch then I headed back to kallang for dragonboat.

And for the first time in my 2.5 years in dragonboat I saw a sight to behold in the waters.

Some angmoh team... rowing a 24 crew dragonboat -

- Wearing outfits like angels and santa claus

- With a small christmas tree on the front of the boat

- Singing christmas carols while rowing

- And their coxswain who was dressed up like an angel had wings...

wtf...

It was greatly appreciated and quite amusing to the team though. Crazy americans...

I guess Christmas is coming.

No comments: